Friday, July 27, 2018

A few more PieCes and some 59s

This order from COMC was very small, just 35 cards in total.  Because I'm a bit short on funds at the moment, my plan is to hit ebay or Sportlots with some orders while I'm on vacation to avoid putting big chunks of money into the COMC account.

So what I did with this last order is all but clean out the account, just to get some more cards in the house.

Last night you saw some of the deals I found, and I have some more to show...

I've mentioned that I'm getting to the point in the 1959 Topps set build that the cards I'm buying are more than a buck apiece.   These 4 are no exception.


The black background cards in this set will always be my favorites.  I don't know what it is, especially when the cards are in nice shape, the black really stands out in my opinion.  These 4 leave me with 105 to go.  With so many big name, high dollar cards to acquire, I doubt that this set will be a "focus" set.   I'll continue to chip away, and hopefully by the end of 2019 I'll be reasonably close to finished. 

I kind of picked away at some of my PCs as well with this order.  I have a bunch of Fitzgerald cards that I'm going to show tomorrow, but there's a few others today worth looking at.


Sixty nine cent Gold Medallion of Ichiro.  Wonder if the price point had any factor in picking this up.


Keith Tkachuk will never be a huge PC for me, as these three bring me to 79 cards.  The Green StarQuest card fills in the attainable rainbow (Blue, Green & Red) from that year.   I haven't seen the gold parallel yet (it's #'d out of 100).  The Emerald Ice was something I was surprised I didn't have already in my collection as I had dozens of the EI parallels back when they first came out.  The Crown Royale 2000 card?  The American flag in the background made it an easy choice to add to the cart.  The 3 cards cost me less than $2.


Contrary to Tkachuk, the Sakic PC will continue to grow whenever I get the chance.  I had never heard of the Saturday Knights card before, so grabbing it was a must.  The Saturday night reference for anyone that grew up in Canada I'm sure was quickly understood.

Now the next card I'd looked for for quite a while.   It had always been priced around $10 and I just wasn't wanting to pull the trigger on it for that price.


2011-12 Certified Mirror Blue Joe Sakic.  #'d 75/99.

$2.39

MINE!!

I love this card, and my cheapness/patience finally pays off. 

There are other mirror cards in the set; black, red, gold, emerald.  The red is serial #'d to 199 and will be within reach, but the other 3 are numbered to 25 or less so will likely not hit my hands anytime soon (if at all).

Now it's time to see if those 4 '59 cards completed any pages.

Thanks for reading, Robert

1 comment:

  1. That Crown Royale International Glory Tkachuk is awesome! Might need to scour eBay and find a complete set of these affordable inserts.

    ReplyDelete