Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Now this is how I like a want list to look

10,115,116,132,200,213,215,258,267,345,348,373,377,380,388

That's it folks, that's how I'd love all my want lists to be.   But, the crazy man in me that's trying to put together a million sets at one time just can't have it that way right now.

Those 15 numbers above are what my 76-77 OPC  want list consists of now, thanks to my recent delivery from COMC.  I have quite a few additions to show off over the next few days, but I did want to start with the one set that I'm concentrating on.

My scanner is driving me nuts right now, as I can't put an entire page worth of cards on the scanner bed.  The scanner is cutting off the top and bottom portions of cards when I try to scan 9, so I'm forced to piece meal scans together in the center of the scanner.  I'm hoping this weekend a new scanner will be purchased allowing me to get some decent scans out to you again.  


I'm to the point in this set where cards are costing me anywhere from $1-$3 bucks apiece, with any Canadiens and Leafs cards being sold at higher prices than other teams.


Having these cards in hand is fantastic though.  Two stars such as Lapointe and Robinson, even though they played for the blue, blanc et rouge at the time, will always be welcome here.  


For the most part I'm just showing off the star cards on this post to illustrate the legendary names that I'm buying up to complete this set.   Jean Ratelle and Billy Smith are a pair of great players from that era that wound up costing me a couple bucks apiece.  Even the PPG leaders card cost me a couple of dollars, but with all those great names on it, it's not surprising.


Even the record breakers cards are expensive.   Gotta have them!  It's funny, because now I hold the Trottier and Sittler cards together and I can easily see that the Sittler card has been trimmed a bit.  It's a shame what dealers will do to make a card look better.  

Just 15 to go to complete the set.  Big names like Ken Dryden and Lanny McDonald still need to be bought, along with the Tiger Williams RC.  

I'm hoping to have this set finished off soon so I don't have to worry about it at the National...

Thanks for reading, Robert

2 comments:

  1. You can do a few things to make the scanner not cut off the edges. The best is a piece of green construction paper between the cards and the lid. Lacking that, you could leave the lid open. I have more details on that on my page "How to make your scans look like the real cards in hand"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta admit... 99.9% of my hockey collection is from 1990 to present, so I don't get a chance to look at vintage hockey often. But the 76/77 design is gorgeous. Great action shots. Best of luck on wrapping it up.

    ReplyDelete