Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Starting the migration

Received a fabulous box (yes, box) in the mail today from Tom at the Waiting till Next Year blog.  Tom was pruning his collection quite a bit, and was extremely kind enough to send me some much needed set help.

Tonight's post is a quick one, and focuses on one of the smaller piles of set help he sent, from '79 Topps.


Tom sent me 33 cards I could use towards my '79 set.  It also helped me get off my ass and start migrating this set over to the "well under way" want list, as this set is now over 30% complete.  I need to do the same thing with my '81 set build which is also well under way.


I didn't bother scanning them all, but I had to show off at least a page worth of cards so everyone could see the greatness that has landed at my doorstep. 

Tom also saved me from myself, as I've been hunting the past few days for a good starter set of '78 Topps on ebay.  That has been handled, as I now have approximately 100 less cards to pick up for the '78 set, which I will show off either tomorrow or Friday.

By the way, if you're looking to get in on some of Tom's bounty, there are still some teams unclaimed if you want to go here and leave a comment.

Thanks for reading, Robert

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was a great box of cards Tom, thank you. I hope you got a couple more of those teams claimed...

      Delete