Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Lofty Heights

Yeah, I think you could say I've got the itch back.  As you may (or may not) know from reading my blog that I'm a bit of a numbers guy.  Numbers possess my mind to no end. 

This post tonight is my 20th post for the month of May.   There are those out there who will say that it's no big deal, they do 20+ posts in a month while standing on their heads.

I used to be one of those bloggers, a few years back.  But hitting 20 posts in a month hasn't happened to me in quite a while, since February 2015 to be exact.

Lofty heights indeed. 

I'm much happier with my collection right now; both the Maple Leafs and Blue Jays collections nearing the finish line as far as being sorted and put away.

But I still have some nice looking cards to get into their rightful place.

Serial #'d 138/150

Lots of Carlos Delgado cards need to find a proper spot in the Jays collection.  Not all of them are as shiny as this 2006 Bowman's Best card, but they are Jays cards none the less.


Flipping through some other pages in the binder I came across some Roy Halladay cards.  I remembered Roy because yesterday was the 8th anniversary of his perfect game against the Marlins, which happened just about 30 miles south of where I live now.

I came across a great read while flipping through some articles, it was a tribute to Roy written by A.J. Burnett.   If you haven't read it yet, click here and take a few minutes to read what A.J. had to say about Roy as a teammate.

Last night's post is a prime example of why I like writing.  I was able to take a frustration of mine, lay it out on the blog, and got some great comments from other bloggers who sympathized with me and shared their own views in a couple of quick sentences.  To those who commented last night and this morning, thank you as your words were appreciated.

Let's see if I can 20 or more posts two months in a row.   If that happens, then I can say I'm a serious blogger again.  Only time will tell.



Thanks for reading, Robert

4 comments:

  1. I'm one of those 20-posts-a-month guys. Although I look at that amount and say, "I used to write more than this."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've run 3 blogs for so long, you're more of a 60-70 posts a month kind of guy.

      At least that's how I see it anyhow...

      Delete
  2. Does one need to write 20 posts per month to be considered a serious blogger? If so, I guess I'm only half serious about blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No not really. I just was poking fun at myself more for not writing as much as I did when I first started a few years back.

      I know that there are quite a few out there that don't post a whole lot but I'm sure that they would consider themselves serious as well.

      Delete