Saturday, May 19, 2018

Feeling a little bit empty

Now, before I get into my observational post today, I just want to make the following points clear...

This is not a rant.

I am not bitching (I actually chuckled while writing that sentence).

This is merely an observation about an envelope of cards that I received on Thursday.


The envelope was my Larry Fitzgerald PC starter kit.  Yes, I know another player collection.  But I've followed Fitz since his college days at Pitt, and enjoy watching him any chance I get on Sundays.

I've been watching the Amazon Prime show All or Nothing the past few weeks; the 1st season was based on the Arizona Cardinals 2015 season.  Watching this has been really enjoyable, and it kind of spurred me towards collecting a football player, and Fitz was an easy choice...

But I digress.

What I'm getting to is this.  I've read over the past several weeks on Twitter about poor packaging and a lot of disrespect that sellers have to their customers.  I totally get that, and I've seen many reasons why people have had a right to be upset.

But here's another thing that bothered me a little bit when I opened the envelope.


There was no note inside.  Now this may seem totally insignificant to a lot of you out there, but I know when I sold cards (or other items) on ebay, I always included some kind of note thanking the buyer for their bid.  Standard practice.

Again, don't get me wrong here.  Cards were packed perfectly.  The auction was very reasonably priced ($7 shipped for 35 cards) and got to my house lightning fast (won on Sunday, received on Thursday).



Now I wouldn't go so far as to leave negative/neutral feedback here, that's not the point.  This guy has 100% feedback and a score of over 6500 which I wouldn't tarnish.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned, I don't know.  But not seeing some type of acknowledgement in the envelope with the cards left me just a bit empty.

For me, a little common courtesy goes a long way.

That's just my 2 cents.

Thanks for reading, Robert

9 comments:

  1. How many Fitz's would you like to get Robert?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After seeing what you did to BWTP, I'm almost afraid to answer that question.

      I started with 35...maybe eventually work my way up to 200 or so.

      Delete
  2. Getting a note is nice but getting your cards safely should be the biggest priority - at least the seller came through on that end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I rarely see a note in any of my ebay purchases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same. Once in a while there's a quick thanks, but usually it's just the packing slip.

      Delete
  4. Amen, I always enjoy notes and always handwrite something on the invoice when I sell something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never give much thought to notes on eBay, but I do enjoy them from trades. I'm guilty of not always writing them, though.

    Now that you have ventured into football, I have a lot of Fitzgeralds I could offer you. Email at tntcardsstg at gmail if you'd be interested in trading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's nice to receive a note from an eBay vendor... but I don't really expect it as long as the cards have been packaged okay.

    ReplyDelete