Wednesday, February 28, 2018

If you can't laugh at yourself...

I'm my own worst critic.  I try hard to keep my collection in order, make sure that my want lists are up to date, and yet sometimes I find some glaring errors on my pages.

Case in point:

My latest COMC order spanned about 4 months, going back to the Black Friday sale and concluding a couple of weeks ago when I hit 100 cards.

Well, a lot of things seem to have happened in that time.  I'm guessing that keeping 100% accurate track of the cards I've bought from my want lists isn't one of them.

I try to make it a habit to bold numbers on my want list when I buy them so I will not buy them again.

Well my recent COMC order came with some dupes. 


Now obviously this isn't a bad thing having a pair of 83-84 OPC League Leader cards of Wayne Gretzky (each of which I paid less than $2 for BTW), but my point here is that the $2 I spent on one of these could have been spent on anywhere from 2-5 cards from another want list.

See, I'm my own worst critic....LOL

Anybody need an extra Gretzky?  #22 from the 83-84 set.  Drop a line in the comments if you do...

Thanks for reading, Robert


6 comments:

  1. I've done that a few times myself. End up buying the same card twice in a big COMC order. I find that unless I move the card off my want list and onto my in-transit list on the TCDB, I sometimes buy another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be interested in that Gretzky if it isn't already claimed. Drop me an email and let's chat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have done it too, and I have a wants list that I always check on before I purchase cards and still do it. COMC n Ed’s to come up with a system like their damaged card system where you get a message asking if you are sure you want to buy the card. Something like “Hey, you bought this card 2 months ago and it is still in your inventory in case you are blind. You sure you swant to spend $2 again?” Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least once a year I'll do that. Good thing you don't collect Mike Trout autos. $2 is a little easier to handle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like that's part of being a collector. Well at least for me. I feel like I purchase duplicates at least a few times every year.

    ReplyDelete