Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Inbound and Down #34: @NHLCardSale

I actually follow quite a few card sellers on twitter.  Most of them end up finding me, either because of the blog, or because one of you follow me on twitter and the seller follows me through your want list.   You get it...

I finally decided to take a splash when I spotted Kenny who runs the @NHLCardSale handle. He posted that he had a few Felix Potvin cards for $8, and since I hadn't added anything to my Felix PC in quite a while, I told him that they were sold.


A pair of jersey cards and a serial #'d card from Pacific Atomic in all their purple and black splendor.  I love how well the Purple on Felix's mask shows on the cards.


A couple of base cards round out the 5 cards for the Potvin PC.  I especially love the vintage style Leafs jersey that is on the 2013-14 Fleer Showcase card on the right.




I spent just over $20 in total with Kenny, so he threw in free shipping and a bunch of Leafs base cards.  The scary thing is, it's as if he could see a want list that I haven't even finished yet, because all the cards that he sent were ones that I needed.  Love the Retro OPC's on the bottom of Polak and Devereaux. 

I also hadn't seen any of Upper Deck Portfolio before this envelope came as well, and I really like the look of the set with the dark brown borders.  I may have to try and pick some more of that up in the future.


I like the look of the Monochromatic jersey cards from SPx. I decided to add a few of these to my trade bait.  There's a Nazem Kadri version for the Leaf lover in me that I'm going to have to find.  I'm sure that the blue will look great in my collection.

Thank you Kenny for the great cards, they are appreciated!

Thanks for reading, Robert

2 comments:

  1. Nice array of Potvin cards. Cool to have some relic cards from his time with the Kings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool jersey cards. It's just so weird seeing Potvin in anything other than a Leaf jersey.

    ReplyDelete