Sunday, December 10, 2017

A bit of neglect

It had been quite a while since I went to a card show and tried to put a dent into the '59 Topps want list.  Honestly, my focus lately has been on other wants from the many want lists that I possess.  When I hit the monthly card show yesterday the first dealer that I went to had dollar boxes with a sign "buy 2 get one free".  It was time to knock a few cards off of the list...


It was great to see the Don Zimmer card in there, I'd seen it at other shows in the past for around $8 so getting it for a buck was great.  The cards were in OK condition, but for a $1 I wasn't expecting anything earth shattering.


The Robin Roberts was actually in a $2.50 box which had the same buy 2 get 1 deal.  That card is in really nice shape, so that was also an easy pick up.  Now I had never heard or seen a card of Whammy Douglas before, so naturally it elicited a little chuckle when I pulled it out of the box. 


Vada Pinson was another name that I was happy to get for a buck.  It lists for $12 as an uncorrected error (birthday is wrong), but who really pays attention to that in the end?


As you can plainly see, someone took a little bite out of the Ernie Banks card on the right.  But to get a $20 for a dollar is a big win in my books.

That's 16 cards off of the list for just under $14.  Fantastic for '59 Topps.  With 212 cards to go, I need to find some more of those deals.

Thanks for reading, Robert

4 comments: