Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Inbound and Down #26: Sportscards from the Dollar Store, pt. 2


Not much on my mind tonight about the 21 goalie cards left from Doug's envelope that I started posting about last night.  Maybe if I ramble on a bit without making any sense (like normal) it's possible a coherent post might come about.

Wish I could find a closer shot of Frederik Andersen's mask, the Lego theme is fabulous looking.  

I just noticed that a common theme among a few masks in Boston is the growling bear.  Look at Tallas and Rask on the first two scans, both featuring the bear.  Even Tallas' jersey has a bear on it...

I'd forgotten that Ken Wregget played in Calgary.  I hunted around for a better shot of his mask, but didn't have any luck. 


Wade Dubielewicz (don't make me spell that name a lot...please!) is a goalie that I'd forgotten about.  He's got the Gorton's fisherman on his mask, the long forgotten alternate jersey design that the Islanders sported for too long.

Roberto Luongo's mask was a tribute to the Canucks 40th anniversary.  Bobby Lu has had so many masks over the years, I'm sure that I could find at least a dozen different designs for the frankenset.


Three horizontal cards to finish up.  The Trevor Kidd card is really cool, as you can see the puck right in front of the stripe that contains his name. 

Braden Holtby is sporting his regular mask, the Capitals on the jaw line with the stars on the forehead.  He's had a couple of other designs featuring an eagle, along with Uncle Sam.  Everything but the American flag itself.

Love the Connor Hellebuyck mask with the jets in the stripes.  Connor had a special purple/pink version of the mask made up for Hockey Fights Cancer. 

A big thank you to Doug from Sportscards from the Dollar Store for the great envelope!! 

thanks for reading, Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment