Thursday, October 26, 2017

I wish I had done this a while ago

I've spent the better part of my free time over the past few nights starting a small project.  I've figured out how to add cards to my trade list on the Trading Card Database.

Here's what a portion of my trade page looks like right now.
Love this, it's very easy to read


I've managed to add over a hundred cards to the list, which has been surprisingly easy to update.  What this task is also helping me to do is get my trade cards in order.  I'm hoping by the time this is all done is to have several hundred cards on here for trade so that anyone can peruse the list to see if I have anything they need.

There's one thing slowing me down though. 

Most of the cards I've added to the list so far have been cards that are missing scans on the TCDB website.  So being the good citizen that I am (or at least try to be), I've been scanning cards like crazy each evening this week.


These are just a trio of cards that I've added images to the site for this week.  I've probably added 40 or more cards to the site.   

What's also great is that the site separates the list by sport, so if you're only interested in what I have for trade in baseball, you only have to look at that list instead of weeding through cards from more than 1 sport.

I know that there are a few of you out there that use the site; if you'd like to add me as a friend, the ID is rmitchell6700. 

Who knows, maybe you'll find something on my trade lists that you might want.

If I ever get them done...

Thanks for reading, Robert

5 comments:

  1. I've found it so very easy to strike up trades with the Database. I have a very small portion of my collection listed, but it makes it easy to keep a small box with me when moving between Michigan and Missouri to complete those trades. Welcome to the site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you have taken to it! I've been singing it's praises for years. If I hadn't been on there every day I would not have become a hockey fan, started Cardboard History and possibly gotten back into the NBA. It's my favorite website ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I joined in February and have made over 40 trades so far. I took me the better part of 2 months to enter all of my collection, but it is so easy keeping track of everything now. My user id is rl16 if you ever want to strike up a trade.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! How did you get the PDF printout to show like that? I've been trying to figure that out so I can just use them for my want lists..

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're a better man than I, doing all that scanning. I will eventually work on it for cards in my PC, but probably not traders. It's going to take me so long to get everything in and I just want to be done!

    ReplyDelete