Friday, May 12, 2017

30 Day baseball card challenge Day 6: A card you spent more than $10 to get

I had to skip day 5, which is a certified autograph of one of my favorite players.  I've never been a big autograph chaser, and I don't own any for my 5 PC's.  So it's on to day 6.

I have quite a few cards that have cost me more than a sawbuck, and since I just showed the entire '64 set last week, I decided to pick something from another set.  This card came quickly to mind.


I bought this card at the first National that I attended way back in 2012.  Anything 1969 was nowhere on my radar, but I remember when sitting down at this table, this card was one of the first that I saw.  The price tag was $12, which I thought that was an absolute steal for this card.  It was one of the few purchases from that show that didn't fit into my collecting needs back then, but now that I've got a bit of a start on the '69 set, it is a great card indeed.

Someday down the road I may show this card again, likely when the '69 Topps set has been completed.  Don't expect it anytime soon though...

Thanks for reading, Robert

1 comment:

  1. All my mental images of Carlton are from much later in his career, with the Phillies, so it's funny just how young he looks here! I can barely recognize him. That said, well worth the $12!

    ReplyDelete