Saturday, February 27, 2016

Keep your eyes on your eyes

My days are spent in front of computers.  8 hours a day at work, and on days I'm blogging probably another 2-3 at home.  That's a lot of strain on the eyes.

The last two to three months, I've really had the desire to blog, but once I've sat down in front of the monitor in the evenings, I could feel the tiredness in my eyes.  The right one especially (which I can feel right now while I'm typing this), just hasn't been the same over the past few months.

One of the challenges of moving has been finding doctors that I like.  Today, I hit the eye doctor (who looks a lot like Bob Saget) and he told me flat out "I don't know how you've been managing lately".

My eyesight has really deteriorated, and my right eye is developing a cataract.  That diagnosis really explained a lot for me.  It's time to take better care of my eyes.

No more waiting 2 years for eye exams.  If I feel I'm tired in the evening, I'm not going to force myself in front of the computer to type. 


I can't afford to miss items like this when they come along. 

I'm also hoping that the cataract doesn't develop further to the point where I require surgery.  Maybe managing my time in front of the computer and protecting my eyes better while I'm in the sun will help that as well.

Yep, a little bit of a scare for my Saturday morning, but I'm better off now that I know what's going on.

Maybe it will help improve my blogging.....

thanks for reading, Robert

4 comments:

  1. take care of those eyes! I'm currently looking for a good optometrist. As kids, we were often told not to sit so close to the television. Now we sit 18 inches or less from our 19 inch monitors, some of us using two or three screens at the office.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a sweet card!

    Hope everything turns out ok with your eyes. As someone who has horrible eyesight, I can relate. I wear contact lenses, but at the end of the day sometimes they are very dry. I feel like I must be doing massive damage to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those extra efforts to care for your eyes won't hurt. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you were in the Chicago area I'd have a great eye doctor recommendation for you. Alas, I'm no longer there myself. Take care of yourself. And that is a beautiful Jays card.

    ReplyDelete