Saturday, October 24, 2015

I'll never know how he did it

One of my favorite blogs when I first started out was the now retired 30-Year Old Cardboard.  The man was a writing machine, pumping out 4 or 5 posts a day.  It was a great read for me, and while thinking about my blog the other day (yes, I am still thinking about it) I thought to myself "how in the world did Brian have the time to write that many posts, while maintaining a career and a family".

I know that in the nearly 2.5 months I've been down in South Florida, the blog has been on my mind many times, but writing posts hasn't been a priority.  I've written 13 posts in the time I've been down here, largely because the weather has been so nice that I've found time just to be outside.  A lot of the evenings up north in my old neck of the woods, the temperature has been in the mid 40's, which is a perfect reason for me to be in the house, thumbing through my card collection and digging up ideas for posts.

I don't want to be a part time blogger, but it's tough in this new environment.   Yes, a lot of my collection is still up north and not accessible for ideas, but I still have enough down here to make a go of it. 

I just need to figure out how to do it.  I'm sure a big part of the reason the past few weeks was because of these guys.


Yes, ESPN and Fox Sports finally dusted off their passports and starting showing Jays games from north of the border.  So for about the past month I've been engrossed in the stretch run and playoffs for my Jays, which sadly ended yesterday.  Maybe because I will not have a vested interest in either of these teams during the World Series...

I'll have some more free time to write.  It is an intriguing match up; the best team in the AL (yes, I said it, because it's true) versus a NL team that is riding a really good run right now.  I would like for the Mets to win it, just to make the folks in KC panic wondering what they need to do to win it all.

But I don't think that will happen.  Kansas City in 6.  

In the meantime, it's time to figure out how Brian kept up with his unbelievable writing schedule.

Does anyone know if he ever finished his '75 Topps set?

Thanks for reading, Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment