Wednesday, June 17, 2015

I finished another team--not 2

Was glad to see my COMC order full of serial numbered cards arrived tonight, unfortunately out of the 19 cards that I ordered, 3 of them were unusable.   2 because of mistakes that I made, but 1 was clearly a screw up from the vendor.

I ordered serial # 980 Bert Blyleven for the last card I needed to finish the Twins.   Here's what I got.

Yep, they sent me 880 instead.   Not worth anything to me unfortunately, so if there are any Twins/Blyleven fans out there who would like this card, let me know and I'll gladly send it your way.

I did however find a nice card to finish off the Atlanta Braves portion of the set.


2010 Topps Update Brian McCann, serial number 1237.  Love the bat he's holding from the 2010 All Star game; I'm guessing that's the MVP trophy.  I thought it looked really cool, and decided to grab it for the set.

I'll post a few of the cards I could use over the next couple of days.   I wound up being knocking 16 numbers off of the list, which leaves me with 84 to go.

That light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter...

thanks for reading, Robert

2 comments:

  1. Twins? Blyleven! Yeah buddy, sign me up. do you still need a 980/ Twin? I've been reading your blog and I've looked at the serial number insanity stuff a couple times, I'm not sure I fully get which cards are still needed for your collection.

    My e-mail is brian dot d dot oneal at gmail dot com - if I don't have a needed serial number card, I bet I will have something else you collect.

    I run the "Highly Subjective and Completely Arbitrary" Blog. http://subjectiveandarbitrary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's been over a year Brian, but do you still need this Blyleven card? I just found it while going through my collection. Let me know and I'll send it to you. Rmitchell6700 at yahoo dot com.

      Thanks

      Delete