Friday, February 20, 2015

There's above & beyond, then there's Greg

One of my 2015 resolutions should have been to get better at keeping up with trade partners.   There are times when I just fail to follow through, and when people are polite enough to give me a swift kick in the ass, I feel sheepish.

Greg A. is a great example of this.   I mentioned on the blog a while back about the Blue Jay minis I have that are taking up space, and Greg fired off a quick comment/email asking me if I needed any 15 pocket  pages.  I responded with a non-committal answer, and quickly forgot about it.

Greg followed up with me last week asking me how many minis pages I needed, so I quickly thumbed through what I have and asked for a dozen pages.   Greg gave me a price including shipping, and said he would throw in a few extra cards as a bonus.   I figured since he was sending a few cards (I figured Blue Jays and maybe some modern set wants, nothing firm was discussed), I'd add a couple of extra bucks (literally) towards shipping.

I got the pages today.   And yes, there were some cards in there....2014 Topps to start us off.


That want list is down to 16, and is long overdue to be wiped off the face of the earth.

But when I looked at the next page of cards Greg included, well let's just say my jaw still hurts from hitting the floor.


Wow.

Wow.

Totally unexpected.  I think I inherited someone else's guilt by only adding a couple of dollars to Greg's coffers.  If the '59s were only commons, it would have been great, but seeing names like Schoendienst, Newcombe and Virgil only intensified my joy.

This is, indeed, blogger generosity at its finest.  Yes, Greg doesn't run a blog (that I'm aware of), but for me, this counts.  How can you not enjoy the blogosphere when guys help you build vintage sets purely out of the goodness of their hearts. 

Greg, thank you very much!!  This envelope was really appreciated!

thanks for reading, Robert

1 comment:

  1. Great cards! The black-bordered '59s might be the best border choice ever.

    ReplyDelete