Saturday, November 1, 2014

Update and updates

During my travels last weekend, I actually ran into a few rack packs of '14 Update at the local Wal Mart.  I figured what the hell and grabbed a couple of them, just to see what's up.

Nothing's changed I see....


I struck gold with the Erick Aybar gold parallel.  I neither need Angels, or the serial # 608, so this will go on the trade page.

Yes, you read that right, I took the time and added a cards for trade page on the right hand side of the page.   It's a lot of inserts and parallels over the past few years, organized by team.  There are some teams that are lacking (Dodgers for one, I wonder why....), and some that are plentiful (I seem intent on pulling Oakland cards the past couple of years it seems) so take a look and see if there's something you may want or need.


How about the 3 blue parallels that I pulled from the pack all being horizontal?   I could probably open 100 more rack packs (I won't do that, I promise) and not get 3 horizontal parallels again.


Let me ask a simple question to our friends at Topps, then I'll move on.

Each player gets his own all-star card in the Update set, correct?   Why then is there another insert set featuring players at the all-star game?  It just doesn't make sense, but then I guess that's why I don't make the big bucks.

I will say this.   I like the Power Players inserts now.   The base set Power Players cards were very drab.   I'm glad Topps jazzed them up some, and I'm looking forward to getting the Blue Jays Jose Bautista version of this insert.

Speaking of the Blue Jays, I took the time this morning to update the Jays want list as well.   I removed all the completed sets, which should make the page a little easier to navigate.   There are still a lot of cards on the page, something I'm hoping to put a major dent into during 2015.

If you pull any of the Jays or their accompanying parallels from the update set, I am interested.   I probably will not be buying anymore, or chasing the set, so help will be required.

thanks for reading, Robert

2 comments:

  1. Dang - I have not been checking the serials on golds I pull. Bad Jeff. Well, now I have a project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the inserts in Update this year. The clean designs are a nice break from the usual line and color vomit Topps puts into the insert sets.

    ReplyDelete