Monday, March 10, 2014

Spoils of the show--1964 Topps OR playing off of the wise one's post

I do read my fair share of blogs, but my favorite is the Night Owl.  After all, his blog is the reason I started my own slice of insanity nearly 3 years ago.  I can remember saying to myself, "if he can do it, why can't I?"

Holy shit was I wrong....

His post tonight was quite an interesting read for me.  Success=boring?  Really?

Maybe I'm having the wrong kind of success lately, because I've actually been enjoying my recent success in acquiring cards for my collection.  Now I wonder if I'm collecting the wrong way.

Hmmmmm

I picked up 17 more cards towards the 1964 Topps set I'm building at the monthly card show.


These 6 got me off to a good start, especially the Jerry Lumpe card.  His hair looks like mine when I let it grow out....yikes!!

These next 6 brought my total # of cards for the set over the 400 mark.  Success!


OK, maybe success is a relative term.  Maybe it means different things to different people.  It could be that success is just celebrated in different ways.

Now I'm wondering if I was successful at all on Saturday.  Nothing special I'm guessing about these 4 cards...


These cards are part of the semi-high numbers portion of the set, so maybe it's a success that I was able to pick them up on the cheap.

Maybe I should define success like the The 3 Stooges, they knew how to get things done...

OK, so that wasn't very successful.

You know what, I think I have it figured out.  I'll just follow the lead of N.O.'s favorite team.  They knew how to celebrate success.


To recap.  I have no back story.  I have no interesting anecdotes.

I borrowed Greg's idea.   I borrowed Greg's team. 

Hey, it helped me manufacture another post this evening.

SUCCESS!!

thanks for reading (and the idea), Robert

2 comments:

  1. Good god that was boring.

    (Not really).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the card show was definetly a success . You did quite well with two sets.

    ReplyDelete