Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Serial Insanity cards 1036-1040

I actually had to wait for cards to come in so I could have a post of 5 for you.  This keeping up with the set is new for me, it feels kind of weird....

Anyhow, enjoy the next 5

Card # 1036:  Derrek Lee


Serial Number:  785
38th card out of 50 for the Braves

I honestly thought after the month he had with Pittsburgh at the end of the 2011 season that the Pirates, or someone else, would surely sign him.  Instead, he fell off the face of the earth (or so to speak).   Anyone know where D-Lee is now?

Card # 1037:  Henry Blanco


Serial Number:  775
46th card out of 50 for the Mets

Only 19 teams left for Henry....Dodgers, Rockies, Brewers, Braves, Twins, Cubs, Padres, Mets, Diamondbacks, Mariners, Blue Jays are all franchises that Henry has called home at one point in his career.  I would love to know if there is anyone else that has served 15+ major league seasons but doesn't have 1000 games played to their credit.  

Card # 1038:  Domonic Brown


Serial Number:  1089
32nd card out of 50 for the Phillies

I heard a rumor not too long ago of a potential swap...Domonic Brown for Jose Bautista.  If you are the Phillies GM, do you really make that trade?  I am a fan of Joey Bats, but if you're the Phillies do you trade a guy who had his coming out party last year for a guy 8 years older with a history of wrist troubles.  For a team that needs to get younger, my opinion would be to keep Brown and take your chances...

Card # 1039:  Andrew Carignan


Serial Number:  1229
44th card out of 50 for the Athletics

Like I've said in the past, this SNI set has been great for me to learn about ball players that I may never have heard of.  Andrew Carignan is one such player.  I was curious because his last stats show him pitching in 2012, but nothing at all in 2013.  A little research showed Tommy John surgery cost him the latter part of 2012 and all of 2013.  He's a free agent now, so we'll have to see if he makes it back to the bigs sometime in '14

Card # 1070:  Brendan Ryan


Serial Number:  981
29th card out of 50 for the Mariners

Brendan didn't get Ellsbury $$$, but he recently signed a 3 year deal to stay with the Bronx Bombers.  Jeter has to retire someday, right??

Thanks for reading, Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment