Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Eyes of a stranger

It's funny what will inspire a post.  I haven't written anything in the past 4 days.   I haven't even looked at my blog, that's how far removed I've been since last Thursday.

I've written 28 posts (including this one) since the beginning of November.  For someone that took pride in producing a post a day for the longest time, the past 6 weeks have been different.

I've taken time away from the blog.   I've had to.  I don't know if it's the stress of work that is getting to me, but for some reason this "peak" season is the worst for me of the 15 that I've endured in my career.  Evenings have been spent relaxing at home.  This past weekend I started my Xmas shopping, and again the blog was pushed to the side.  Even though I had received some great envelopes from fellow bloggers in the past week, I just wasn't motivated to get them posted for the world to see.

Then out of the blue, a song came on the satellite radio while at work today.  A song I probably haven't heard in over 20 years.  The song is also the title of this post...Eyes of a Stranger by the Payola$.  You'll see the music video (if you so desire) at the end of this post.  This is a song that I grew up with in the 80's, and unless you're a true 80's music buff, you probably never heard it south of the 49th parallel...

Naturally, with my personality, I've been obsessed with the damn song all day. I've bought it on iTunes and played it a couple of times already.  It also made sense to tie it into this post.

I've been so disengaged lately that I feel like I'm out of tune with the card collecting blogosphere.  Outside of a few comments I left last week on blogs, for most of the past 6 weeks I feel like I'm looking at your blogs with the eyes of a stranger. 

For some reason, hearing that song today has got my juices flowing again, as you can plainly see with this drivel that I've produced for you. 

I can even write about one card that I've received in the past week....


"Toronto starter outstanding again in losing effort".  Why in the hell then is there a picture of Alex Rios on the card?  The description on the back is about Dustin McGowan striking out 9 batters in 7 innings, only to have the Mariners win in the 9th inning 2-1.  I'm guessing the word "fail" would be appropriate here?

Anyhow, that's enough of my insanity.  Hopefully this will be the start of my return to being heard in the blogosphere, both here and on your blogs as well.  Eyes of a stranger no more...

Enjoy the video..

Thanks for reading, Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment