Monday, August 12, 2013

The card show spoils...this will be quick

It seems that my card show fears came to fruition on Sunday.   I don't remember the last time I only spent 30 minutes at a card show.  I'm sure that part of the short time that I spent there was my fault, because I expected to go in and find a table or two that had modern singles that I could poke through.  When that didn't happen, I let my disappointment get the better of me.

There was a couple of tables that had stuff to look through, but as far as trying to complete some recent sets, that wasn't going to happen.  I did find some high numbered singles from last year's OPC hockey set, reasonably priced at a buck apiece...


It was kind of inadvertent that half of the Legends cards that I bought were Islanders. 

I did wind up having a good conversation with the first dealer that I came across.  Turns out that he's also a Joe Sakic collector, and he relayed his excitement to me of a great In the Game two swatch, 5 color Sakic card 1/1 that he pulled.  I asked if he had any higher end Sakic's for sale, and he said that anything he pulls goes into his collection.  Too bad for me.

The only other table I hit had the Legend's cards you see above, plus a bunch of 2013-14 OPC hobby boxes at $60 apiece.  With the boxes already seeming to dry up, I figured I better grab one while I can.

The only other singles I bought at the show were some basic Sakic's that I needed for the PC, with my favorite one being  a 2006-07 the Cup base card, #'d to 249.


At least I have my monthly card show at the mall back home starting up again at the beginning of September.  It will be nice to be in the comfort of familiar surroundings again.  It will be nice to be able to pick up some singles from sets I'm working on again.

I guess, in this case, I will be able to go home again.

Thanks for reading, Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment