Monday, February 11, 2013

Blue Jay Monday: The box of Ted

It's finally official.  I will never catch up with all the Blue Jays cards that have arrived at my doorstep.

The box of Ted saw to that.  I've spent the last few days attempting to go through the pile of cards that I had before I received the box of greatness.  I managed to get another 100 cards added to the spreadsheet, as well as a couple of more years added to the Jays want list

Tonight, I promise I will not take up much of your time.   I just want to show you the goodies, since the box is full with about 400 random cards from over the years.  I just couldn't decide which ones to show.

I'll just show you the hits instead...

First, the Adam Lind collection:


Couple of autos, couple of jersey cards, great stuff!  This next card was even better...

What the 'L'?
2007 SP Authentic by the Letters Adam Lind, #'d 60/75.  Love it.  One of the top 3 cards in the box. 

What are the other 2?  Let me show you..

Both graphs are really nice

2004 Topps Retired Signature Edition cards of Dave Stieb and Jimmy Key!  Beautiful cards.  Love the old style Topps logo in the upper left hand corner.  My only wish is that the cards weren't slabbed, but beggars can't be choosers.

Now, on to putting another dent in this massive pile of cards...

Thanks for reading, Robert

3 comments:

  1. Been trying to get that Stieb for so long.

    At least I won't be competing with you for it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I'd remembered your Jays list before the show yesterday. I ended up raiding a box filled with Jays cards in order to add some obscure/short term players into my collection. I barely remember that Orlando Merced, Juan Berenguer and Paul Kilgus made stops in Toronto, but I guess they spent enough time there to get a card.

    ReplyDelete