Tuesday, November 20, 2012

This card was made just a few weeks too early

Rumor has it that the Jays have officially adopted the Marlins logo as well.

I'm still in shock that the deal went through...so much so that I decided to experiment for the first time with Microsoft Paint....


Needs work, yea I know. 

But hey, I don't care.  The Jays now have maybe the best leadoff hitter in MLB right now, and I have a feeling that GM Alex Anthopoulos has something else up his sleeve.

OK...I guess this really could be defined as a blockbuster. 

Welcome to Toronto, Jose!

Thanks for reading, Robert

1 comment:

  1. Yes and YES. Much more of a Blockbuster than "Toronto gets Bautista!" Which was nothing more than 2-3 sentences on a transactions page at the time.

    I imagine it was more: "Jays, Bucs swap Diaz for Bautista."

    This indeed is a much bigger trade. I expect big things from Marisnick, Niccolino should be another Hernderson Alvarez-type, and Hech a Rey Ordonez with a tiny bit of pop.

    Well worth everything, but I also expect Buerhle to be begging to leave Canada by the trade deadline, no matter how competitive the team is at that point.

    ReplyDelete