Sunday, November 18, 2012

The man wasn't lying

About 6 weeks ago, the man we all know as the Night Owl posted on his blog that "Blogging ain't easy".  If you missed it, the link will take you to the actual post.  I'll be here waiting when you're done.  (there's no pictures by the way...so it will take you a few moments...)  I'm sure that many of you remember it now, there were quite a few comments as well (myself included). 

You know what?  The man wasn't lying.  I can say for all honesty that the last week has been one of the busiest weeks for me in terms of getting my act together as far as my collection goes.  Probably since the National in August, I've been an absolute bum as far as keeping things organized, and last weekend I finally got sick of the piles. 

You've heard me moan about the piles, there had to have been at least 20 stacks of cards within a 5 foot table length of me, that were doing nothing but accumulating dust.  I actually took evenings off of posting this week just to start organizing and arranging the mess.  I put the 76-77 OPC cards into a binder.  I got a bunch of the trade piles I had going out of the house on Saturday.  I bought a couple of more boxes for a couple of current OPC sets I have going, getting those piles off of the desk.

I've even started getting the massive piles of Blue Jay cards organized.  The total is up to 2642 unique Jays cards now... I'm probably going to fall short of the 3500 goal set at the beginning of the year, but I would say that 3000 is not out of the question once I get the remainder of the sorting completed. 

I prided myself on the ability to keep up with trade requests, responding to people within a reasonable time frame.  That's not been the case the last couple of months. 

I know I have to do better.  I want to do better.  Sometimes though I let myself get into a state of chaos, and the only way to get out of it is to sit down and do something about it.  That's what this week has been all about.

Now all I have to do is get back to writing again. 

Writing about card companies actually naming an insert correctly a few years back...take a look

05-06 Upper Deck got it right
Destined for the Hall actually became enshrined in the Hall last Monday night, and in typical Joe Sakic fashion, his speech was very low key, thankful to those who helped him, and very thankful for his family.  Awesome stuff. 

Writing about cards like this will make it easier for me to not become one of the burnouts that Greg described in his post.  Why don't I want to be one of those?

I love cards too much.  I love this hobby too much.  I've finally found an outlet for the one true hobby I've had since I was a child, and will probably enjoy until they bury me in the ground.  

The blogosphere is the one place where I feel like I belong.  It's where all the cool kids hang out.

thanks for reading, Robert



1 comment: