Sunday, April 1, 2012

57 days

Blogging has made me a spoiled brat.  At the beginning of February, it even got me a little bitchy.  In the end though, it has allowed me to accomplish a lot of things.

One of those accomplishments being completing a set in 57 days.  Yep, 2012 Topps Series 1...done...57 days.

In the past few years, 57 days might have been the length of time between buying my first few packs, and then the second few. 

A big thank you goes out to Nick over at Dime Boxes who out of the blue sent me a quick email asking for my address so he could send me the last 2 cards I needed to finish series one...these two cards came in Friday.


The set completion racket has been a bit slow for me to start the year; my goal was to hit 25 completed sets by the end of the year, and I'm only at 13.  Hopefully that should be rectified in the next few weeks as I work towards finishing the sets that I am down to less than 50 cards remaining.

I'm sure that a lot of others out there are saying "57 days, that's nothing", but when you're lifetime average is about 4 years, give or take a year, 57 days is like "Warp Speed Mr. Sulu!"

Thanks for reading, Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment