Friday, January 6, 2012

The first of the fab five falls by the wayside

Good Friday evening to you all, hope that you're ready for a great weekend.

Well, it took less than a week, but one of my first trades of 2012 was able to knock one of my fab five sets off of the list.

The 2010 Topps set is now complete, thanks to Jacobmrley, better known as Max.  Max has a very interesting collection of cards #ed 527.  Max saw my post on the insanity blog last week with card # 527, and that was the start of a trade.  I received a # 527 card in return, along with a bunch of other cards towards the serial insanity set.

Plus, the one card I needed to complete the 2010 Topps Series 1 set.

The elusive #2 card






































The Buster Posey RC. 

I'm so glad to get that set out of the way, and get on with tackling some of the others.  The next set that will be on the Fab Five list is the 2001 Fleer Tradition set.  I have about half of the 450 card set so far, but I'm looking forward to the challenge of finishing this set.   Here's a scan for those who don't remember what the set looks like.





























I will outline the rest of the trade I made with Max sometime this weekend.  Quite the bounty for me for sure!

Thank you Max, the trade is much appreciated.

Thanks for reading, Robert

1 comment:

  1. Hi Robert,

    On 2001 Tradition, are you doing the base set only or the inserts, too? I have a few of the inserts (Lumber Company, Diamond Tributes, Grass Roots).

    -Josh D.

    ReplyDelete