Saturday, October 15, 2011

Week 12 begins with a Play at the Plate

Good afternoon all, just got in from a much needed grocery run to find two envelopes in my mailbox.  One of them was an eBay find that I'm especially proud of.   This is an on card auto of Royals young pitching prospect Jeremy Jeffress, numbered 090/600.  I've had some good luck snagging some on card autos lately, and getting this one on the cheap ($0.54 + shipping) was right up my alley.

Next up is my first of hopefully many trades with Brian over at the Play at the Plate blog.    I was more than happy to send a few Texas Rangers cards Brian's way, and in return, he hit a handful of cards off of my A&G wantlist (including 3 SP's...thank you!), and some more Jays to add to the collection (about 35 total).  Here are some of the beauties I received.

Chrome & Platinum
Some Chrome and Platinum goodness to start off here.  The Lind in the middle row is a refractor, and as you can plainly see, the Drabek and Hill in the middle are both orange bordered parallels from this year.  Super stuff!
























Minis and Masterpieces





The top two cards in this pic are from the 2008 UD Masterpieces set, one that I feel is very underrated.  I love the feel of the front of the card, and the pics are well drawn. 

Below are some minis that he sent me (I didn't use the term mmmmiiinninniiiisss, because that would be plagiarism, and that's wrong).  The Adam Lind is an A&G back mini, and the Drabek is a regular back.  For me, the Tom Henke card is the most interesting of the group of cards I received, because I'd never seen a mini from the 1987 Topps Design.  I did a little digging and found out that it came from the Mini Leaders set from that year.  Very unique stuff here, thank you again Brian!!






Numbered cards, my true weakness






























Finally, we have a couple of numbered cards, the first on the left is an Alex Rios card from the 2008 Topps Co-Signers set, a silver-gold parallel numbered 41/150.  On the right is a Jason Frasor 2009 UD Gold parallel, numbered 95/99.  Sadly, these two cards gave me the idea for my own crazy set to put together.  I will post about that crazy set in the next day or two. 

Brian, thank you for the great trade, it is really appreciated on this end! 

Have a great weekend all, and thanks for reading,  Robert

1 comment: