Friday, October 14, 2011

The 5 aspects of blogging that I enjoy, part 4

Good Friday to all, hope that you all are ready for the weekend, I know I am!  Today we have part 4 of my little mini series about the aspects of blogging I enjoy, and that would be the trades I have completed.

I've completed 24 trades so far, and every one was a pleasure.  Every blogger or reader I've dealt with has been amazing, and some of them were very generous.  Take a look at my Blue Jays list for example.  I had the modest goal of hitting 250 unique cards by the Christmas holidays.  Not only has that goal been surpassed, it's been destroyed.  700+ now, probably be close to 800 by the end of the month.

I've sent people a handful of cards, and received a box full back.  This just blows my mind.  I've also completed two sets, and I am a lot closer on a few others as well.   Being involved & surrounded with all this generosity inspires me, makes me believe in the concept of paying it forward.  I've tried to send a few cards here and there to bloggers that have been good to me, but I still feel like I'm in debt to some of you out there.  There are also some that I read on a daily basis, but have unfortunately have not had the good fortune of trading/emailing with you.  Hopefully that day will come soon. 

Forget the cards for a minute, I've started some great relationships (card wise, don't get any ideas here...) with other bloggers out there.   I've had some good back and forth via email with a couple of bloggers that are great.  It's always great to get to know someone on a little more of a personal level, especially when their hobby is the same as yours.


Plus, trading gets you some great cards....
 






As always, thanks for reading,  Robert (28 days)

No comments:

Post a Comment